27 July 2010

Giving a Journey a Form

I enjoyed experimenting with light trails but felt they were too sterile. Ive set out to view the world in an alternative way and as this project as a whole is a Journey through photography I decided to test ways of giving physical journeys a form to help show this. I again used my lens distortion technique to keep a flow through my work. The circular form not only changes the appearance of the light trails we are used to but brings focus to the pieces. The circular shape itself portays a never ending path which is also quite inkeeping. Each photo in this series shows a particular stage of a journey I take very often in Bournemouth, when displayed as a set they show it as a whole.





EDIT.. the piece below shows how i'd display the set..

No comments:

Post a Comment