31 March 2010

Alternative views..

Another idea was to allow the audience to view the world with a different perspective, my initial idea was to intervene physically with the photographic process by adding certain textures to my lens. I still want the subject/location to be recognisable but want to refresh it.

Since re-joining DeviantArt I notice the same themes and compositions are often repeated countless times within 'popular' photography and many rely on extensive use of editing software to create a successful image. I still use these programmes, usually for minor enhancements to contrast/saturation however I disagree with the airbrush nation we now live in. There is an obvious desire for perfection however I cant help but feel it is almost a lie for this all to be achieved purely in the post processing. The quest to take the perfect photo feels like its slowly becoming lost. The following images are my initial attempts at manually abstracting an image without the use of tools my computer has to offer. To create an interesting piece without the need to distort and retouch, instead do this whilst composing and taking the shots..








These images are primarily texture based, I want to contextualise this idea further by taking into consideration my subjects and locations in a bigger way..

No comments:

Post a Comment