14 September 2010

Bedroom Obscura..

The effect at sunset in the obscura room was sublime..


To develop the idea a little further I wanted to try and share the experience with a viewer by some means. This ended up as another type of timelapse, as its a technique I wished to work with further. The video below is my initial experiment trying to capture the sunset within the bedroom obscura. As the light levels at this time are relatively low each exposure had to be 30seconds..plus my camera then took a further 30 to record the image. This piece is over an hours worth of shooting believe it or not! I intend to re-do this to get a much longer piece over a few hours, ideally sunrise to sunset..but I need an external battery source and a day I can afford to dedicate! (or some sneaky software??) Sadly the days turned grey for a while, but one day i'l get back to this!

No comments:

Post a Comment