15 September 2010

Obscura Box

I was quite inspired by the spectacle of living within my camera obscura room, however I wanted to still share this feeling with an audience in an alternative way to the timelapse test, a more direct experience. So I decided to make my obscura room more mobile..

The construction below is my first attempt at this.. I wanted to be able to record the images inside the box so each side has a pinhole to allow the image to be formed and a space for my lens to capture the inside of the box..all these have light proofing flaps inside and out.


Depending on the orientation, the smaller ends of the box produce quite messy images..I need to work on the design a little, firstly spray painting the lining to allow the texture the image forms on to be less of a distraction. I also need to do this to the light proof flaps so they blend more successfully. I also need a way of stopping light creeping under the bottom of my structure but for this experimentation stage I am quite pleased, particulatly when the image is cropped [as intended] below..



What I found particularly interesting is the image created when more than one of my pinholes were left open.. I can create scenes which would not be visible with the human eye, natural double exposures!

No comments:

Post a Comment