21 September 2010

Taking it Public..

As my intention was to 'spread the obscura love' I took my obscura box to two very central areas of Bournemouth town and invited members of the public to get inside and experience the world in this way for themselves..it was definately recieved very positively and it felt really great to explain my ideas and the physics of the piece to an audience. In Victorian times parks often had a camera obscura for leasure purposes and I feel what I was doing was quite reminiscent of those times and goes to show would still not be outdated int he present as many people were interested! I enjoyed the fact that my structure had given a memory/emotion to those on the day, making art & science very accessible..

I took a few 360degree shots of the areas in which I set up the box as a visual record of the occassions. I am really pleased with the aesthetics of these.. but will improve their quality when I make a few changes to the structure of my portable obscura!



[Click images to view larger..]

No comments:

Post a Comment